Thursday, December 14, 2017

All about symptom management.

            Hi everyone, so this blog is about how I manage my symptoms. Symptom management is very important part of living with a chronic illness. my symptoms have a large range of what they are. They can be anything. My symptoms change from day to day. On some days I can have a really good day and have little to no symptoms. On other days I can have so many symptoms that I don't move. What I use to manage my symptoms may not work for others. I am not a medical professional. DO NOT use any of these without consulting with a medical professional first.  For my headaches, my headaches vary in pain from severe to just a dull throb. For severe days I can take medication for them. I take tramadol for my chronic pain as often as I need. I have to make sure that what I take for my headache is not going to mess with the tramadol if I take them on the same day. I tend to take Advil or Tylenol for my headaches. Vomiting, there really isn't anything I can do once this starts. so to avoid this I try to avoid doing things that can irritate my stomach. I am allowed to eat very little. Therefore I rely on my feeding tube to give me the nutrition I need. If my feeding tube kinks or has any problems and I'm not getting proper nourishment then this can cause me to dry heave quite often. Fainting, I really can't manage this symptom. I avoid moving from a laying position to a standing position as much as possible. I also sleep in an adjustable bed to help with when I wake up in the morning and when I get up throughout the night. Getting really sick, this is something that is hard to control. In my blog a little later I will talk about what I use to clean so that I don't get as sick when I'm at my house living with my family. When I go out in public I can be seen either wearing a vog mask or wearing your standard ear loop mask that you can find in hospitals and doctors offices. This helps cut down on the germs that I can catch from others and the ones that you may be able to catch from me. I hope this helps. If you have any questions write them in the comments and I will do what I can to answer them.


Best wishes
~Addie  

No comments:

Post a Comment