Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Brain surgery, Medically induced coma and Pneumonia! Why I haven't posted lately?

Hi everyone, so this is going to be a longer blog then normal so that I can catch you all up. So my last post was actually quite awhile ago for me considering my plan was to update this everyday. So two weeks ago today I posted my update like lots of days are I had lots of doctors appointments. I also had and MRI of my head because my symptoms had been spiraling out of control. I had my MRI done and I was asked to please stay and wait for the results. My neurologist came in with the radiologist and a neurosurgeon. I was told that I needed brain surgery ASAP! This was scary. I have already had brain surgery before and I wasn't sure if my body could handle it. I do not want to go far into the depths so feel free to look it up on your own. I had a severe hematoma. After the surgery the nurses told me that I kept banging my head against the wall. They also told me that my vitals were severely unstable so with that and several more factors the doctors decided the best option for me was to be put in a medically induced coma for about a week. When they brought me out of the coma I started having trouble breathing even on the breathing machine that I was on. This was when I was started to be weaned off of the breathing machine. I requested a chest X-ray just because of my history with pneumonia and other lung conditions. After the x-ray came back I was told that my lungs had taken on a lot of water. I was asphyxiating while I was on the machine. My oxygen stats were very low. My oxygen stats had been low for awhile but the doctors didn't check them because they never dropped to a critical low. This hospital stay has been an adventure and may continue to be one. Hope you all have an amazing day/night.
                                        Best wishes
~Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment